The Engineering Students @ Work CHALLENGE program aims to provide a realistic engineering experience for secondary school students and provides a five-day opportunity for teams of 5-6 students during which they:
- ~Learn about the diversity & viability of engineering
- ~Work with professional engineers
- ~Participate in experiential learning, and
- ~Develop an understanding of and an ability to develop sustainable engineering design solutions Grab the hamholds and.
Additional benefits the students gain and are encouraged to use include:
- ~Creative thinking and analytical skills to develop engineering projects and solve problems with sustainable outcomes in mind Student communication skills to enable collaboration in a team situation and to justify their decisions and actions
- ~Information and communications technology and learning skills to research, acquire and manage information relevant to project development
- ~Interpersonal skills through collaborative working in teams to achieve a common objective
- ~Opportunity to learn and use/implement current technology, and
- ~Encourages students to consider engineering as a study path and future career Download hktv 2.0.
Students are provided a brief to collaboratively design buildings that form a sustainable satellite community. Models of their buildings are printed using MakerBot 3D Printers Backtrack 5.
2019 Group Photo