The Engineering Students @ Work CHALLENGE program aims to provide a realistic engineering work experience for secondary school students and provides a five-day opportunity for teams of 5-6 students during which they:
- Learn about the diversity & viability of engineering
- Work with professional engineers
- Participate in experiential learning, and
- Develop an understanding of and an ability to develop sustainable engineering design solutions Grab the hamholds and.
Additional benefits the students gain and are encouraged to use include:
- Creative thinking and analytical skills to develop engineering projects and solve problems with sustainable outcomes in mind Student communication skills to enable collaboration in a team situation and to justify their decisions and actions
- Information and communications technology and learning skills to research, acquire and manage information relevant to project development
- Interpersonal skills through collaborative working in teams to achieve a common objective
- Opportunity to learn and use/implement current technology, and
- Encourages students to consider engineering as a study path and future career Download hktv 2.0.
Students are provided a brief to collaboratively design buildings that form a sustainable satellite community. Models of their buildings are printed using MakerBot 3D Printers Backtrack 5.
2019 Group Photo