Engineering Teachers @ Work
Engineering Teachers @ Work Professional Development Program
AKORN is pleased to announce that through a special collaboration with
ENGINEERS AUSTRALIA, VICTORIA UNIVERSITY AND PROFFESIONAL ENGINEERING ORGANISATIONS
We are able to offer opportunites to schools to participate in two-day proffesional development programs for teachers Download the Jadoville Siege.
Research confirms tha teachers need both in-house and external proffesional development to enhance their capabilities. This curriculum-focused proffesional learning will explore some of the disciplines of Engineering and provide participants with knowledege, tools and suggested class activities to enable them to take Engineering into their classroooms in lne with AusVELS
Participating teachers will be interersted in:
- Promoting student learning and development in Engineering
- Proving a balance of theory practice
- Building scientifc and engineering litracy
- Developing programs in line with AusVELS (Australian Curriculum) with an engineering focus editplus 4.3 다운로드.
- Peer planning
- Addressing the current shortage of Engineers in Australia
The two-day programs consist of:
Monday – Victoria University – School of Engineering & Science (Electrical Engineering) – Footscray Park Campus Bldg D
Two sessions offered with each allowing teachers to walk away with a ready to go working product that they can take into their classroom the next day Download The Sims 4 Four Seasons Story.
- A – First time participants – Price includes a complete, single set of resources (hardware/software/student activities/documents and suppliers and pricing information) for a full semester elective in electronics or programming for years 9/10 based around the PICAXE microcontroller Download LG Electronics.
- B – Returning participants* – Workshop the construction & programming of two robot vehicles: a short range radio controlled model and an ultrasonic rangefinder guided, obstacle avoiding car flashget 다운로드. Price includes one of the robots. Participants will also investigate supplier & cost options for implementing the activities in their classrooms. (*must have attended an “A” session in the past to participate in this session)
Tuesday – Umow Lai – Level 4 – 10 Yarra Street, South Yarra
Explore several disciplines of Engineering and their application in the ‘real’ world – including discussion on the necessity for sustainability in design and implementation
To register interest in this program, please contact us via our Contact Us page
Current Program Flier – November 2012
Decemeber 2010 – December10
December 2011- December11
June 2012 – June 12